Grove Sportsmen’s Club was chartered in 1950. Its original
location was in Downers Grove Township on approximately 60 acres.
There were two skeet and three trap fields. The need for
expansion resulted in our relocation to our present facility.
The new facility in Morris has a total of 7 Fields (3 Trap Houses
Only, 4 Trap and Skeet Houses). There is a 5 Stand Field, and
a new 14 Station Sporting Clay Course. There are fields with
lights, and the club does shoot on
has a club house with a kitchen and a cook during
normal business hours.
Throughout the year DGSC has many registered
ATA shoots, ATA Targets Only,
NSCA, and a wide variety of Club Shoots and leagues.
The mission of this Club shall be to work in cooperation with the
Illinois State Department of Conservation (now known as the
Department of Natural Resources) in conservation and restoration of
our natural resources, in the propagation of fish and game, in the
development of true sportsmanship in our citizenry, and in
developing a spirit of mutual understanding and cooperation between
conservationists, nature lovers, farmers and sportsmen.
The primary goals of the Club shall be to promote the safe use of
firearms, trap, skeet and sporting clays shooting, hunting, fishing,
dog training, archery and such other related activities associated
with outdoor sports, wildlife management and conservation.